MEETING ON TUESDAY 7 MAY 2013, STARTING AT 18:30 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
NB Anton Draper of the Decentralisation and Neighbourhood Planning Team, Department of Communities and Local Government has agreed to attend this meeting. Norman Kwan, Rother Planning Officer, may also attend.
MEMBERS: Cllr Jonathan Vine-Hall (Chair), Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Glew, Lawrence, Mitchell, Parsons, Reynolds and Lindsay Fraser (co-opted non-voting member)
17 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
18 DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS OF MEMBERS RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA WHERE DISPENSATION HAS NOT BEEN GRANTED
19 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 09/04/13
20 ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Evidence Sources.
- E-mail database - Societies.
- Thursday Club (PG)
- Short Mat Bowls (PG)
- Flower Club (PG)
- Allotment members (PR)
- Sedlescombe Cricket Club (PJR)
- Sedlescombe Wine Club (LF)
- Badminton Club (LF)
- Street Champions (Cllr Glew to report) and Street Champion Meeting. .
- Developing criteria for site assessment. NB the flyer gave the following criteria:
- Should have a maximum of six houses on a site to have the lowest impact on the surrounding houses.
- Should be bounded to prevent future 'sprawl' or 'add-on development'.
- Should be on sites which, wherever possible, have low visibility in the surrounding countryside.
- Should not be on greenfield sites wherever possible.
- Should not exacerbate traffic problems in the village and should avoid areas with existing parking and traffic issues.
- Should be close to the existing village development boundary and within easy walking distance of the shop and/or buses.
- Should preserve green gaps and hedgerows wherever possible.
- Should have the minimum impact on neighbours.
- Should have good access to an existing road and services.
- Should have consideration for protecting the existing character of the Parish and its buildings.
- The meaning of the Neighbourhood Plan having to be in "General Conformity" with the development plan for the area.
- Advice from East Sussex Highways.
- Advice from the Environment Agency.
- Opportunities to benefit the Sedlescombe community that could be highlighted.
- Resident Survey distribution - date to be amended to first week in July to allow it to coincide with the Bulletin deliveries. It will also allow the draft survey to be considered by the SNPPG at its meeting on 17/06/13.
- To open and consider Planning Consultant quotes.
- Dates of monthly meetings up to end of 2013 have been booked as follows: Mon 17/06; (all the remainder of the dates are Tuesdays) 16/07; 20/08; 24/09; 22/10; 19/11; 17/12.
21 CONTACT MADE WITH LANDOWNERS
- Meeting at Pestalozzi (JVH, JM, RC, JP, PJR)
- Email to arplanning (PJR)
- Contact with owner of land at Gorselands, Pumphouse Yard and allotments (PJR)
- Contact with Elizabeth Cole re land in Church Hill and at rear of Gregory Walk (RC)
- Contact with industrial sites in Marley Lane (RC)
- Contact with the Petley Wood Riding School (RC)
- Contact with units at Highfield View, A21 (RC)
- Contact with owner of Scotch Down, Brede Lane (JVH)
- Meeting with owner of Sunningdale, Gregory Walk (JVH)
- Contact with owners of land at Luffs Farm (JVH)
- Contact with owner of Sedlescombe Sawmills (JVH)
22 RED BARN FIELD NATURE PARK. To consider whether this site belonging to Sedlescombe Parish Council should be put forward as a possible housing development site.
23 CONSIDERATION OF THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENT SITES RECEIVED SO FAR (CLOSING DATE 20/05/13)
24 PREPARATION OF BACKGROUND INFORMATION
25 FUNDING APPLICATION
26 HOUSING REGISTER
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council
1 May 2013