ALL MEMBERS OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 14 MAY 2013 STARTING AT 19:00 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
Newly-elected County Councillor Dr A Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
1 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR AND TO RECEIVE HIS/HER DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE.
2 ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.
3 APOLIGIES FOR ABSENCE.
4 DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS WHETHER PERSONAL OR PERSONAL/PECUNIARY in ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT CODE OF CONDUCT REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA.
5 TO CONSIDER REQUESTS RECEIVED IN WRTING FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS FOR DISPENSATION TO SPEAK REGARDING THEIR PECUNIARY INTERESTS.
6 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. Names will be recorded and representations minuted.
7 COMMITTEES FOR 2013-14
- To resolve: That the following committees are constituted for the year ahead in accordance with the Terms of Reference:
- Planning Executive Committee
- Finance Executive Committee
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Traffic and Parking Advisory Committee
- Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Project Group
- Any other Executive or Advisory Committee.
- To resolve: That membership of the committees as as follows.......
8 REPRESENTATIVES OF THE COUNCIL. To resolve: That the following are appointed to represent the Council as stated and, where appropriate, are expected to provide regular reports to Clerk for inclusion in a monthly newsletter to councillors.
- Rother Association of Local Councils - two councillors with one vote between them. The Clerk may attend meetings but does not have a vote.
- Village Hall Trustee - one councillor to become a Village Hall Trustee and to join the Village Hall Management Committee as a voting member.
- Sedlescombe Sports Association Committee - one councillor to join the Sports Association Committee as a voting member.
- Tree Warden - one person.
- Neighbourhood Watch representative - one councillor to report on Neighbourhood Watch matters.
- Transport representative - one councillor to report on transport matters of special interest to Sedlescombe residents.
- Any other representative to be appointed.
9 POLICY DOCUMENTS
To review, amend as necessary the following in accordance with Standing Orders:
- Standing Orders, 16/11/10
- Financial Regulations, 16/11/10
- Parish Council Policies
- Biodiversity Strategy, 2007
- Casual Vacancies policy, 14/09/10
- Child Protection Policy, 03/07/09
- Complaints Code, March 2009
- Crayfishing policy, 11/11/08
- Equal Opportunities Policy, May 2012
- Health & Safety policy, 16/11/10
- Making decisions policy, 11/11/08
- Management of Information policy, 2009
- Publicity & press policy, 16/11/10
- Race Relations policy
- Code of Conduct 2012
Advertising on Sedlescombe Village Green. To note the current policy and amend as required.
10 MEMBERSHIP OF OTHER BODIES. To review membership of bodies in accordance with Standing Orders:
- Sussex Association of Local Councils
- Rother Association of Local Councils
- Society of Local Council Clerks
11 PROCEDURES FOR HANDLING REQUESTS MADE UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 AND THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998. To review the procedures in accordance with Standing Orders. The procedures are detailed in the Clerk's Briefing Note entitled "Requests for Information".
12 DATES, TIMES AND PLACE OF ORDINARY MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL FOR THE YEAR AHEAD. To approve in accordance with Standing Orders.
to be arranged:
13 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman of the Council is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 19/03/13.
14 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To resolve:
- That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Finance Committee held on 26/03/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 26/03/13 and 07/05/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the SNPPG held on 19/03/13, 09/04/13 and 07/05/13 are approved.
15 ANNUAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PARISH MEETING OF SEDLESCOMBE held on 30/04/13.
- To resolve: That the Minutes of the 2013 Annual Assembly of the Parish of Sedlescombe are received.
- To review the success of the new arrangements.
- To consider matters raised at the Assembly.
- Bank Reconciliations. To resolve: That the bank reconciliations for 2012-13 and for April 2013 are approved.
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the April 2013 cheque list is ratified and the May 2013 cheque list approved.
- Final Accounts 2012-13. To resolve: That the Final Accounts 2012-13 are received (hard copy to councillors).
- 2012-13 Annual Return. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the 2012-13 Annual Return following completion of the internal audit of accounts by Angela Alexander. (Councillors should see Final Accounts 2012-13 for details.)
- Littlejohns. Members to confirm that none of them personally employ Littlejohns.
17 TRAINING. To consider requests for training opportuntiies.
18 CLERK'S REPORT
- Battle & Brede Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Hastings Area Archaeological Research Group (HAARG) - Stream Farm Field Magnetometer report
- Brede High Woods Archaeological Work
19 PUBLIC PLAYING FIELD & RECREATION GROUND
- Playground inspection by councillors
- Professional playground inspection for 2013
- Litter and rubbish
20 EAST VIEW TERRACE KICKABOUT AREA
- Ditch Management Advice from Environment Agency following environmental survey by Dr Patrick Roper
- Request for permission to retain and alter the portacabin/ metal container for use at the eastern end of the field now that the car park has been doubled in size and tidied up
- Request for permission to take action to stop egress onto the sportsfield by cars and motorcycles
- Request for permission to use scaffold poles at both car parks to deter entry by vehicles, especially cars. Gates to be included.
- Break-in to Societies Association shed
22 VILLAGE GREEN
- Buses reversing into Brede Lane and running over the edge of the Village Green.
- Flower tubs
- Review of policy for allowing advertising on the Village Green
23 RED BARN FIELD NATURE PARK. To consider whether Red Barn Field Nature Park (or part) should be considered as a housing development site
24 DEVOLUTION OF SERVICES FROM ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Correspondence about yellow lines
- Traffic calming request in The Street
- Damage to grass area at altered Chapel Hill/B2244 junction by cars driving over the new area. Additional hazard bollards requested to safeguard the grass area
- Size and speed of vehicles using the B2244 through village
- Altering Sedlescombe's existing speed signs to speed reactive signs
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/RFO, Sedlescombe Parish Council