MEETING ON TUESDAY 28 MAY 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL, 19:00 TO 1926
PRESENT: Cllrs Chapman, Mitchell, Reynolds (appointed Chairman at the meeting), Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council). Pauline J Raymond (Clerk to Sedlescombe Parish Council)
1 CHAIRMAN. RESOLVED: THAT CLLR JOHN REYNOLDS SHOULD BE CHAIRMAN OF THE SEDLESCOMBE PLANNING COMMITTEE FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.
2 APOLOGIES. Cllrs Glew and Parsons.
3 MEMBERS' INTERESTS. None declared.
4 WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION. None received.
5 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. No public present.
6 MINUTES. RESOLVED: THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE HELD ON 07/05/13 ARE APPROVED.
7 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2013/823/P, Cheyne Down Cottage, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe. Extension and new first floor to existing bungalow. Cllr Mitchell reported on her inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports refusal of this application because the elevated roof line will make the property more visible from the surrounding countryside, especially the nearby public right of way. The Parish Council would prefer a building of this height to be resited further downhill as proposed in RR/2010/1501/P.
- RR/2013/968/P, Cheyne Down Cottage, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe. Erection of decking (retrospective). Cllr Mitchell reported on her inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council objects to this application. The decking, made of scaffold poles and boards, is inappropriate in terms of scale and materials, and can be viewed from the public footpath. (Similar objection made to RR/2013/471/P).
- RR/2013/960/T, Homestall, The Street, Sedlescombe. G1 -Cherry/conifer trees - fell - to reduce shading to garden. Cllr Chapman reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval of this application for permission to remove garden trees, despite it being within the Sedlescombe Conservation Area.
- Development at ex-car sales area in The Street, Sedlescombe. Rother District Council has confirmed that a planning application has been submitted for a car valeting centre but it has not yet appeared on the weekly planning list.
8 APPEALS. None
9 RESULTS. None
- Layby by A21 Sedlescombe, near Marley lane junction. Roadside advertisement (Burger Van). Received at Rother 17/05/13
11 HOUSING NUMBERS
- The Committee noted the Parish Clerk's letter to the Core Strategy Inspector objecting to the probable increase in housing numbers across Rother District up to 2028. This followed the abolition of the South East Plan which has resulted in reliance on the National Planning Policy Framework. View letter here.
- The Clerk was authorised to write to Greg Barker MP objecting to the probable increase in housing numbers across Rother District District up to 2028.