MEETING ON TUESDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL 18:35 TO 18:55
Chairman - Cllr John Reynolds
Members: Councillors Parsons, Eldridge
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council) - arrived late, Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer - Pauline J Raymond
1 member of the public
49 APOLOGIES. Cllrs Anson and Chapman.
50 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
- Cllr Parsons declared a personal interest in Agenda item 53.5 as a near neighbour of Pond Cottage.
- Cllrs Glew and Eldridge declared personal interests in Agenda item 53.2 as members of a School Working Group.
51 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. None.
52 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 27/08/13.
53 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2013/1860/P Ivy Cottage, Brede Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PR. Erection of dwelling house (alternative to that approved under RR/2013/365/P). Considered at end of meeting to allow Cllr Vine-Hall to report. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval.
- RR/2013/1862/C Sedlescombe CE School, Gammons Way, Sedlescombe. Retention of one single mobile classroom to the west of the school building. Cllr Glew commented on this application. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval.
- RR/2013/1857/P Beech Farm Cottage, Hawkhurst Road, Sedlescombe TN33 0QS. Demolition of existing conservatory and removal of redundant chimney. Erection of front and rear extensions including alterations to removal flat roofs and to form pitch roofs over. Cllr Reynolds reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval.
- RR/2013/1586/P Blackbrooks Garden Centre, TN33 0RJ. Changes to existing canopy to form heated enclosed sales area and erection of replacement canopy in revised location. Considered at the end of the meeting to allow Cllr Vine-Hall to report. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval.
- RR/2013/1877/P Pond Cottage, Battle Road, Sedlescombe TN32 5QU. Proposed two-storey rear extension to enlarge lounge and bathroom and form a boot room on the ground floor and enlarge bedroom to the first floor. Cllr Parsons reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval.
54 RR/2013/1626 Sedlescombe Vineyard, Hawkhurst Road, Staplecross. The Highways Officer has noted the Parish Council's concerns about the visibility from Compasses Lane and the nearness of the entrance to the Sawmills but considers the change in the access to the Vineyard will improve the road safety position. The Committee complained that this appeared to be another instance where East Sussex Highways seemed to be unwilling to take notice of the Parish Council's concerns about highway safety.
55 APPEALS. None.
- RR/2013/1360/P The Dairy, Barnes Farm, Poppinghole Lane, Robertsbridge. Removal of condition 6 imposed on RR/2012/666/P amended design. Approved.
57 ENFORCEMENT. Nothing to report.
58 PLANNING SEMINAR. Wednesday 2 October 2013 commencing at 2pm at The Town Hall, Bexhill and going on until 4.45pm. RESOLVED: That the Seminar should be attended by Cllrs Glew, Eldridge, Parsons and the Clerk.