MEETING ON TUESDAY 29 OCTOBER 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL AT 19:00
In the absence of Cllr Reynolds, Cllr Vine-Hall, Chairman of the Council, was in the chair.
Councillors Chapman, Parsons, Eldridge
Ex-officio member: Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Pauline J Raymond - Clerk to the Parish Council
59 APOLOGIES. None received.
60 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None declared.
61 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. No public present.
62 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 24/09/13.
63 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2013/2012/P 4 Riverbridge Cottages, The Street, Sedlescombe TN33 0QB
Extension of existing cottage to provide additional bedrooms, bathrooms and additional ground floor accommodation. Cllr Chapman reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval. Notes to be added that contrary to the statement on the application form, this property can be viewed from Sedlescombe Public Footpaths 31 and 2a. As this property is attached to a listed building, it is important that the extension is in keeping with the character of the rest of the building in terms of its size, style, design and materials as well as protecting the amenities of adjoining properties. If the 2 conifers are to be removed, they should be replaced with a suitable smaller native tree.
- RR/2013/1966/L Little Swailes Green Farmhouse, Compasses Lane, Swailes Green TN32 5QU. First floor layout changes to provide 3No bedrooms and 2No bathrooms. Cllr Parsons reported. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval subject to the Conservation Officer's agreement.
- RR/2013/2091/P Sedlescombe Telephone Exchange, The Street, Sedlescombe. Install a weather louvre and acoustic cowl in place of glazing and an existing louvre. Cllr Eldridge reported on his inspection accompanied by Cllr Glew. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval although is concerned that the acoustic duct, which is close to dwellings, may produce noise. A note was added that, contrary to the answer to question 15 on the form, there is a tree/hedge on the site.
64 APPEALS. None
- RR/2013/1626/P Sedlescombe Vineyard, Hawkhurst Road, Staplecross. Improvement of site access to Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard by re-locating same 90m north of the existing. APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS. Safeguarding of the public footpath to be checked by the Clerk. [NB - Condition 5 of the approval contains the sentence: "The details for stopping up the vehicular access shall include details for retention of pedestrian access via the public footpath".]
- RR/2013/1857/P Beech Farm Cottage, Hawkhurst Road. Demolition of existing conservatory and removal of redundant chimney. Erection of front and rear extensions including alterations to remove flat roofs and to form pitch roofs over. APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS.
66 ENFORCEMENT. Nothing to report.
67 PLANNING SEMINAR REPORT. The Clerk reported on the Planning Seminar held in Bexhill Town Hall on 02/10/13 which was also attended by Cllrs Glew and Parsons.