MEETING ON TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2013 STARTING AT 19:15 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
MEMBERS: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman and Chairman of the Council), Cllr R Chapman, Cllr R Eldridge, Cllr S Lawrence, Cllr J Parsons, Cllr J Reynolds, Cllr L Fraser, Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
101 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
102 DISPENSATIONS APART FROM THE FOLLOWING WHICH ARE TO BE NOTED:
- Cllr P Glew - dispensation granted to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite her husband being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr R Eldridge - dispensation granted to him to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite him being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he owns land adjacent to one of them.
- Cllr Chapman - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Cllr Fraser - dispensation to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though she is a near neighbour of one of them.
103 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
104 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee held on 19/11/13.
105 UPDATE ON SITES
- Letter from D Marlow 05/12/13 with his comments on the Exhibition sites with his interim view on conformity:
- E01 Pestalozzi - Low/Moderate
- E02 Sawmills - High
- E03 Blackbrooks - Low
- E04 Church - Moderate
- E05 Red Barn Field - Low
- E06 Luffs - Low
- E07 Sunningdale - High/Moderate
- E08 Balcombe Green - amber in SHLAA but withdrawn by owners
- E09 Gorselands - Low
- E10 Allotments - Low
- E11 Street Farm - High
- Answer from N Homer 11/12/13 (Planning Consultant) to D Marlow's comments on the sites.
- To consider whether "sustainable development " can be achieved on the sites within the meaning of the phrase as agreed by national bodies and as interpreted by Rother DC in its Core Strategy.
- United Nations Resolution 42/187: "Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
- NPPF Page 2: "The purpose of the planning system is to be contribute to the achievement of sustainable development. The policies in paragraphs 18 to 219, taken as a whole, constitute the Government's view of what sustainable development in England means in practice for the planning system."
106 RESCINDING OF RESOLUTION. To consider whether the Committee should recommend to the Full Council that the following resolution passed by this Committee on 22/10/13 (Minute NHP 13/14.79) should be rescinded in accordance with Standing Orders ie That the Parish Council will support inclusion of Sites E01, E02, E03, E06 and E07 in the Draft Pre-Submission Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Development Plan and, for the time being, take no further action on Sites E05, E09, E10, E11.
107 PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE DEVELOPMENT BOUNDARY AS PART OF THE SNDP
- Should the boundary be amended to include the Balcombe Green site which is shown as an amber site in the 2013 SHLAA but which has been withdrawn currently at the request of owners?
- Should the boundary be amended to include the site north of the village hall which also is shown as an amber site in the 2013 SHLAA but which has been withdrawn currently at the request of the owner?
- Should the boundary be amended at the souther end of the Conservation Area in order to exclude the SNCI from the development boundary and to give it greater protection? David Marlow does not support this suggestion but says that "greenspace" policies should be used to protect these areas.
- Should the boundary be adjusted by inclusion of the land to the west of Sunningdale to allow housing development?
- Should be boundary be adjusted to include land opposite Blacklands within the development boundary?
- Should the boundary be adjusted to include all of Cartref, The Street, within the boundary?
- Other suggestions.
108 GREENSPACES. To consider land that should be shown as "greenspace" and, therefore, kept free of housing development (even windfall sites).
109 INCLUSION OF OTHER SITES. To consider including reference to other sites, particularly on the southern edge of the development boundary, in the Plan. (Discussed briefly at last meeting of the NHP Committee.)
110 AFFORDABLE HOUSING
111 STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (SEA)
- Letter from D Marlow 28/11/13 re the need for a SEA to accompany the pre-submission part of the NH Plan.
- SEA Scoping Report sent to English Heritage, The Environment Agency and Natural England as require. The SEA will assess the environmental impacts of the Plan's policies and proposals during its preparation against a series of sustainability objectives. It is a way of ensuring the environmental implications of decisions are taken into account before the decisions are made.
- Rother Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal's environmental objectives. To note as follow:
- Improve efficient in land use and encourage the prudent use of natural resources (Rother SA Objective 9)
- Reduce road congestion and pollution levels and ensure air quality continues to improve by increasing travel choice and reducing car usage (Rother SA Objective 10)
- Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (Rother SA Objective 11)
- Minimise the risk of flooding and resulting detriment to people and property (Rother SA Objection 12)
- Maintain, improve and manage water resources in a sustainable way (Rother SA Objective 13)
- Conserve and enhance biodiversity (Rother SA Objective 14)
- Protect and enhance the high quality natural and built environment (Rother SA Objective 15)
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council