MEETING ON TUESDAY 27 AUGUST 2013, IN COMMITTEE ROOM 1 OF THE VILLAGE HALL, 19:50 to 20:50
PRESENT: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council); Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council); Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Lawrence, Parsons, Reynolds. Lindsay Fraser from 53.5 below.
49 APOLOGIES. None all present
50 DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS WHETHER PERSONAL OR PERSONAL/PECUNIARY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CODE OF CONDUCT 2012 REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA.
- REQUESTS RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS FOR DISPENSATION TO SPEAK REGARDING THEIR PECUNIARY INTERESTS. No new interests declared. Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Chapman, Eldridge have been granted dispensation to speak on all matters regarding the Neighbourhood Plan despite their interests.
- DECLARATIONS BY COUNCILLORS OF THEIR INTERESTS IN MATTERS ON THIS AGENDA. None.
52 MINUTES. Resolved: That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 9 July 2013 are signed as a correct record.
53 CASUAL VACANCY ON SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCI
- The resignation of Jenny Mitchell from the Parish Council dated 19/07/13 was recorded. Arrangements were made for a gift to be presented to Jenny to thank her for her 13 years' of dedication to the community.
- 14 days were allowed for a poll to be demanded. No demand was received by Rother District Council and, therefore, the Parish Council is able to co-opt a qualified person to fill the vacancy.
- The vacancy had been advertised on the website, in the Sedlescombe News and on the Council's noticeboard.
- Two applications had been received (details forwarded to councillors) to fill the vacancy. RESOLVED: That Lindsay Fraser is co-opted to serve on Sedlescombe Parish Council with immediate effect. Lindsay signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and joined the other members for the remainder of the meeting. The Chairman mentioned Lindsay's considerable contribution to the work of the Neighbourhood Plan Group.
- Vacancy on the Planning Executive and the Emergency Advisory Committees caused by Jenny's resignation.
RESOLVED: That the membership of the Planning Executive Committee is increased to 7 and both Cllr Anson and Cllr Eldridge appointed to it.
RESOLVED: That Cllrs Parsons and Fraser are appointed to the Emergency Advisory Committee.
In addition, it was noted that Jenny was the Chairman of the Sedlescombe Playing Field & Recreation Ground Trust and that a meeting of the Trust would take place following the next Council meeting on 10/09/13 to appoint a replacement.
53 SEDLESCOMBE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING PROJECT GROUP (SNPPG). To approve and adopt the Minutes of the SNPPG since the last meeting of the Parish Council ie
RESOLVED: That the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Project Group should become the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Project Executive Committee (SNPPEC) with everything regarding the Neighbourhood Plan delegated to it. Terms of Reference "To produce a Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish of Sedlescombe".
The Chairman updated the Council and made further arrangements regarding the Exhibition to be held on 14 and 15 September in the Village Hall 10:00 to 16:00.
54 RED BARN FIELD NATURE PARK. The Council, as the registered landowner of Red Barn Field, will provide the details for the Exhibition showing the pros and cons of allocating the land for development.