MEETING ON TUESDAY 14 JANUARY 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 19:00
TO ALL SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCILLORS - YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
96 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
- Requests received in writing from parish councillors for dispensation to speak regarding their pecuniary interests (to note existing dispensations relating to Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Chapman, Eldridge, Fraser).
- Declarations by councillors of their interests in matters on this agenda.
97 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. Names of the public will be recorded and representations etc minuted.
98 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 12/11/13.
99 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To resolve:
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 10/12/13 and 07/01/14 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee held on 19/11/13 and 17/12/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Finance Committee held on 10/12/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Parking & Traffic Advisory Committee held on 17/12/13 are approved and adopted.
100 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN.
- To consider the report from the Neighbourhood Plan Committee that requests that the Parish Council considers rescinding the resolution at Minute NHP 13/14.79 which had been adopted by the Parish Council at its meeting on 12/11/13 under Minute No.C13/14.76.2.
- Bank Reconciliation. To resolve: That the bank reconciliation at the end of December 2013 is approved. See the following:
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the December 2013 cheque list is ratified and the January 2014 cheque list is approved.
- Sedlescombe Parish Precept for the 2014/15 financial year. To authorise the Chairman to sign the Precept Application Form in the sum of £42,295. See the documents highlighted at 101.1.1 and 2 above for details of the precept amount.
102 CLERK'S REPORT
- Internet link at Village Hall
- Change of Highway Steward
- RR/2012/2398/P Spilsted Farm, Stream Lane, Remodelling land to improve visibility on airstrip. To note that the Planning Officer is recommending refusal to the Rother Planning Committee of 16/01/14.
103 VILLAGE GREEN
- Advertising on the Village Green. Following the expiration of six months from the passing of a resolution at the meeting of the Council held on 14/05/13 under Minute Number C13/14.9 "That in order to control advertising on Sedlescombe Village Green, no advertising will be allowed by any body on The Green, apart from Sedlescombe Parish Council", the Council has been asked to reconsider its decision. Council to consider the following proposal:
That, in order to control advertising on Sedlescombe Village Green,
- Only Parish Council or 100% charitable events that have received the Parish Council's approval will be allowed to position signs on the Village Green.
- Applications for permission to advertise Village events on the Green during the following year will be considered at the January Council Meeting each year and a maximum of five (other than parish council events) will be approved.
- A maximum of (?number) signs will be allowed for each event.
- Signs should be on the Green for a maximum of (?number) days for each event (including the day of the event).
- Signs should be restricted in size to............
- Signs should be located as follows...............
- Use of the Village Green
- May - 17th - Sedlescombe May Fayre
- May - 20th - St Michael's Hospice Open Gardens in Sedlescombe with stalls on the Village Green
- July - 26th - Demise of the Village Fayre at the sportsfield because of lack of organisers and possible use of the Village Green for a Garden Society Flower Show
104 PUBLIC PLAYING FIELD & RECREATION GROUND
- Playground reports
106 MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC FOOTPATHS AND BRIDLEWAYS
107 REPORT ON THE BUSINESS FACEBOOK PAGE
108 BUS SERVICE REVIEW. To note the results of the County Council's review of bus services. See here. Following the review, the County Council agreed on 10/12/13 to
- Develop an East Sussex County Council Public Transport Services Commissioning Strategy to provide a clear strategic framework and commissioning priorities for the development of a reformulated supported bus network.
- Change the Monday to Friday start time of the East Sussex concessionary fares scheme from 09:00 to the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) threshold of 09:30.
- Remove the concession allowing concessionary pass holders to travel free on Dial a Ride services in Lewes District, a legacy from previous district funding.
- Increase the charge to £10 to concessionary pass holders for replacing lost passes.
- Consult about changing the eligibility criteria for companion passes, which allow disabled people who need help travelling to be accompanied by another person travelling free of charge
- Explore the possibility of turning some subsidised bus routes into commercial routes
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council
8 January 2013