TO ALL SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCILLORS
MEETING ON TUESDAY 11 MARCH 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 19:00
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
110 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
- Requests in writing from parish councillors for dispensation to speak regarding their pecuniary interests. The existing dispensations relating to Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Chapman and Eldridge re the Neighbourhood Plan will be noted.
- Declarations of interest by councillors of their interests in matters on this agenda.
111 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION
112 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Council held on 25/02/14.
113 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To resolve:
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee held on 28/01/14 and 25/02/14 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 04/02/14 and 25/02/14 are received.
- Bank Reconciliation. To resolve: That the bank reconciliation at the end of February 2014 is approved.
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the February 2013 cheque list is ratified and the March 2014 cheque list is approved (to follow).
115 CLERK'S REPORT
- Charities no longer allowed to have their collecting containers in Rother or Wealden car parks. Rother & Wealden District Councils are now only allowing commercial companies. Therefore organisations such as the Salvation Army are losing out and trying to obtain permission to place their containers in places such as village hall car parks.
- Filming and recording Council Meetings. To note that Sedlescombe's standing orders concerning filming and recording Council Meetings will need amendment following an amendment to the Local Accountability and Audit Bill. Regulations are expected to be published shortly.
- Romans in Sedlescombe. To note that the Independent Historical Research Group will be undertaking an archaeological dig for a week in May on the site of the industrial-scale Roman iron working site at Oaklands Park, Sedlescombe. They will be looking for evidence to link the Sedlescombe site with Classis Britannica (British Fleet).
116 SEDLESCOMBE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- Pre-Submission version. To resolve: That the Pre-Submission Version of the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan, together with supporting documents, is approved for a consultation period ending at 5pm on 06/05/14.
117 PUBLIC PLAYING FIELD & RECREATION GROUND
- Playground reports.
- Drainage of water from the MUGA
118 SEDLESCOMBE SPORTSFIELD
- Contribution towards resurfacing of Ladybird Lane
- Contribution towards gate across disabled parking area
- Proposed drainage scheme
- Proposed extension of terms of Sportsfield Lease
- Plans for portcabin
119 COMMEMORATING THE CENTENARY OF WORLD WAR ONE 2014-2018 AND THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD WAR TWO IN 2015
- Tree Planting Opportunity. Letter from The Conservation Volunteers. The Volunteers have a pot of funding for planting native trees (usually in the form of 60-80cm whips) from DEFRA that runs until March 2015. The trees need to be planted on publically owned land to which people have free access.
120 TO CONSIDER WHETHER THE PARISH COUNCIL SHOULD COMMEMORATE THE 120TH ANNIVERSARY OF ITS FIRST PARISH COUNCIL MEETING ON 13 DECEMBER
121 COMMUNITY SELF-SERVE EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL HIGHWAYS INITIATIVE
122 REPEAL OF S.150 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 - abolition of requirement that all cheques or other payable orders must be signed by two councillors
123 ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY, 29/04/14
- Proposal that Armstrong Rigg is invited to the Annual Parish Assembly re the Street Farm development application. (Cllr Eldridge)
- Other arrangements
124 A21 CYCLE FACILIES. Balfour Beatty Mott MacDonald is currently developing a scheme on behalf of the Highways Agency to encourage cyclists using the A21 to instead use suitable and safer routes on the local authority network. The Highways Design Engineer has asked to meet to discuss the project.
125 CONSULTATION ON THE FIRE AUTHORITY'S REVIEW OF SERVICE PROVISION IN EAST SUSSEX AND THE CITY OF BRIGHTON & HOVE. The Fire Authority is consulting on 3 proposals which focus on keeping all current fire stations open, while adjusting working practices to make the most of financial resources and deliver the response needed by those in the area. Stakeholder Meeting 19/03/14.
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council