ALL SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCILLORS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE ANNUAL MEETING OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL ON TUESDAY 13 MAY 2014 STARTING AT 19:00 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
ANNUAL BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH STANDING ORDERS (3j). Cllr Vine-Hall in the chair.
1 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR AND TO RECEIVE HIS/HER DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE.
2 ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.
3 DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS WHETHER PERSONAL OR PERSONAL/PECUNIARY in ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT CODE OF CONDUCT REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. Members are reminded that they should review their current declared interests (click here for access to the Register of Interests displayed on Rother District Council's website) and let the Parish Clerk know if there are any changes to what has been declared.
4 TO CONSIDER REQUESTS RECEIVED IN WRTING FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS FOR DISPENSATION TO SPEAK REGARDING THEIR PECUNIARY INTERESTS. NB Existing dispensations granted to Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Eldridge, Fraser and Chapman will continue for a further year.
5 CONFIRMATION OF ACCURACY OF MINUTES OF EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 15/04/14. To Resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Council held on 15/04/14.
6 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To Resolve:
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 11/03/14, 25/03/14 and 15/04/14 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Finance Committee held on 25/03/14 are received.
7 REVIEW OF DELEGATION ARRANGEMENTS TO COMMITTEES, SUB-COMMITTEES, EMPLOYEES AND OTHER LOCAL AUTHORITIES - Delegation to Committees as shown in their Terms of Reference. Delegated Authority Policy 25/03/14
8 REVIEW OF TERMS OF REFERENCE OF COMMITTEES AND MEMBERSHIP. To resolve: That the following committees are constituted for the year ahead in accordance with the Terms of Reference and with membership agreed at the meeting which will include the Chairman and Vice-Chairman being ex-officio members of each Committee:
- Planning Executive Committee
- To consider planning applications for the Parish of Sedlescombe (and those outside the Parish that might affect Sedlescombe residents) and to resolve the Parish Council's support of approval or refusal and to inform Rother District Council of the resolution.
- To study all plans produced by other local authorities or the Government which might affect planning development in Sedlescombe and to comment to the relevant authority.
- To inform the District Council of breaches of planning control in the Parish.
- Finance Executive Committee
- To consider the draft annual estimates of income and expenditure as submitted by the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
- To recommend draft annual estimates and precept amount to the Council not later than January in each year.
- To review the Clerk's Salary at budget time. Changes to take effect from the following 1 April.
- To monitor quarterly statements of income and expenditure against budgets.
- To consider and approve normal expenditure in line with the annual estimates including letting of contracts.
- To consider and approve banking arrangements as recommended by the RFO.
- To monitor loans and investments.
- To receive reports of bad debts.
- To review fees and charges at the appropriate time.
- To decide the general nature of the work to be undertaken or goods supplied.
- To consider and accept quotations and tenders in lines with the estimates.
- To review insurances annually.
- To review the financial regulations annually.
- Neighbourhood Plan Executive Committee. To produce a Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish of Sedlescombe.
- Traffic and Parking Advisory Committee - MAY NEED REVIEW
- To quantify the parking and traffic issues
- Within the parish
- Specifically in Brede Lane in relation to the School and Doctors' Surgery
- In relation to the Sportsfield and adjacent recreational areas
- In East View Terrace
- In relation to the Village shop
- In Chapel Hill
- In Cottage Lane (road leading from Sedlescombe to Westfield, especially the increase in heavy traffic)
- Around The Street particularly near LWA and Kester House
- To seek the view of interested and affected parties regarding parking and traffic problems and suggested solutions.
- To discuss with the Highways Department the issues and possible solutions to identify problems.
- To quantify the effect on areas of the parish of development over the last ten years. This is increase in traffic and parking.
- To look at how the Parish Council can influence Rother District Council to include traffic calming measures in all or some planning developments.
- To make recommendations regarding future management of traffic and parking in the Village.
- To recommendations to the Parish Council regarding all aspects of parking and traffic in the Parish.
- To present an initial outline of the study to the Parish Council at the general meeting in 18/09/12.
- To complete the study with recommendations by 08/01/13 (NB it was subsequently agreed that the date should be postponed to 19/03/13 and then 09/07/13.
- To quantify the parking and traffic issues
- Any other Executive or Advisory Committee that the Parish Council agrees should be constituted for the coming year.
9 POLICY DOCUMENTS. Review and adoption of appropriate standing orders, financial regulations and parish council policies already adopted as follows:
- Standing Orders, 17/07/12 - FOR REVIEW
- Financial Regulations, 16/11/10 - FOR REVIEW
- Parish Council Policies
- Biodiversity Strategy, 13/11/07
- Casual Vacancies policy, 14/09/10
- Child/Young Person Protection Policy, 03/07/09
- Climate Change Mitigation and Fuel Poverty Alleviation Strategy, January 2008
- Complaints Code, 12/07/12
- Crayfishing policy, 11/11/08
- Decision Making policy 11/11/08 - FOR REVIEW
- Equality and Recruitment Policy, 15/04/14
- Health & Safety policy, 16/11/10
- Information provided to the Parish Council in connection with complaints against Parish Councillors under the 2012 Code of Conduct (policy amended 17/07/12)
- Planning Code of Good Practice, September 2005 - FOR REVIEW
- Risk Management Policy 20/03/12 - FOR REVIEW
- Schedule of Charges for Freedom of Information hard copies 2009 - FOR REVIEW
- Statement of Community Involvement 13/09/11 - FOR REVIEW
- Training Strategy 18/09/12 - FOR REVIEW
- Winter Maintenance Policy December 2013 - FOR REVIEW
10 REVIEW OF THE REASON WHY THE POWER OF WELL-BEING HAS NOT BEEN ADOPTED BY SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL
11 REVIEW OF INVENTORY OF LAND AND ASSETS INCLUDING BUILDINGS AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT
12 REVIEW AND CONFIRMATION OF ARRANGEMENTS FOR INSURANCE COVER IN RESPECT OF ALL INSURED RISKS
12 REVIEW OF COUNCIL'S AND EMPLOYEE'S MEMBERSHIP OF OTHER BODIES
13 CONSIDER PAYMENT OF ANY SUBSCRIPTIONS FALLING TO BE PAID ANNUALLY
14 REVIEW OF THE COUNCIL'S PROCEDURES AS FOLLOWS:
- Handling requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 Policy 2009
- Data Protection Act 1998 Policy 2009
15 REVIEW THE COUNCIL'S POLICY FOR DEALING WITH THE PRESS/MEDIA - Publicity & press policy, 10/07/12 - FOR REVIEW
16 SET THE DATES, TIMES AND PLACE OF ORDINARY MEETINGS OF THE FULL COUNCIL AND THE FINANCE COMMITTEE FOR THE YEAR AHEAD
17 REPRESENTATIVES OF THE COUNCIL. To resolve: That the following are appointed to represent the Council as stated and, where appropriate, are expected to provide regular reports to Clerk for inclusion in a monthly newsletter to councillors.
- Rother Association of Local Councils - two councillors with one vote between them. The Clerk may attend meetings but does not have a vote.
- Village Hall Trustee - Cllr Glew has resigned her trusteeship of Sedlescombe Village Hall. One councillor to become a Village Hall Trustee and to join the Village Hall Management Committee as a voting member.
- Sedlescombe Sports Association Committee - one councillor to join the Sports Association Committee as a voting member.
- Tree Warden - one person.
- Neighbourhood Watch representative - one councillor to report on Neighbourhood Watch matters.
- Transport representative - one councillor to report on transport matters of special interest to Sedlescombe residents.
- Any other representative to be appointed.
18 To receive apologies for absence
19 Public participation session re matters on the agenda at the Chairman's discretion.
- Internal Audit. To receive the Internal Audit Report for the 2013/14 Annual Accounts.
- Final Accounts 2013/14. To resolve: That the Final accounts for the 2013/14 financial year are approved and that the Chairman is authorised to sign the Annual Return.
- Bank Reconciliation. To resolve: That the Bank Reconciliation at the end of April 2014 is approved.
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the April 2014 cheque list is ratified and the May 2014 cheque list is approved.
- Direct Debit Payment. To approve the setting up of a direct debit payment for the domain name registration with 123 Reg.
21 Clerk's Report
- Changes to the recruitment arrangements for the replacement Parish Clerk in accordance with the policy of the SSALC.
- Hand over arrangments following the Parish Clerk's retirement.
- Rother District Council new website.
- Allotments contact.
- Estate Agent's boards.
- Pay Award.
- High Weald AONB Management Plan 2014-2019.
- Playground Inspections.
22 Traffic. To receive a report on the Chairman's visit to Highways on 24/04/14.
- Proposal by a local resident to put yellow high-vis slow down notices in Stream Lane.
- A21/B2244 junction following meeting with Highways Agency and Greg Barker MP.
23 Annual Assembly of the Parish Meeting 2014. To receive a report and consider matters arising from the meeting.
24 Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan
- Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Plan. To receive a report on the consultation which ended on 06/05/14.
- To receive Neil Homer's Report following the consultation.
- To receive other updates relating to the Plan.
- To arrange an Extraordinary Council Meeting to approve the Submission Neighbourhood Plan.
25 Sedlescombe Sportsfield. The following job list has been provided by Ashley Davey of the Sports Association. Where it states below "no further Council involvement", the Council should be kept informed when the work is complete:
- End of season maintenance of football pitches arranged for week ending 23/05/14.
- Portacabin/container refurbishment at car park. Parish Council needs to be kept fully informed. This could include changing the position of the portacabin/container.
- Garage extension - new project to provide a lean-to shed against the left hand side of the garage utilising the remaining concrete base and tidying up the area. It is planned to blend in with the existing structure, with the roof continuing its natural line and the same roof shingles. Would need Parish Council approval and, possibly planning permission. Sketch/proper plan required.
- Expansion of the pavilion. Would need proper plans and Parish Council, and possibly planning, permission.
- Installation of light sensors in pavilion. Would need Parish Council approval.
- Code lock fitted to main door. Would need Parish Council approval.
- Purchase of secondhand topper. No Council involvement.
- Ditch cleaning. No Council involvement as the Lease has passed full responsibility to the Sport Association.
- Tree maintenance. No Council involvement unless trees are to be removed when prior Parish Council approval should be obtained. Planning Permission is required to remove trees on the road side of the pavilion.
- Washing weatherboard was included in the 2013 Inspection Report. No Council involvement.
- Cleaning up of the car park removing all the spoil from previous ditch cleaning exercises.
The following jobs have been approved by the Parish Council in the past but not yet undertaken.
- Replacing fence around cricket outfield etc. (approved 23/05/11).
- Redecoration interior of pavilion (approved - no further Council involvement).
- Boarding loft for storage (approved 23/05/11 - no further Council involvement).
26 Ex-Car Lot Proposal to turn it into the Lower Village Car Park. To provide an update to the Council.
27 Playing Field Trust - NB a meeting of the Trust will follow the Council Meeting
- Grass area
- Multi-Use Games Area
- Other Updates
28 Village Green
- Fund-raising event
29 Library Review.
30 Community Self-Serve Introduction on Monday 16/06/14, Uckfield Civic Centre 10:00 to 13:00
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council