MEETING ON TUESDAY 24TH JUNE 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL 18:30 TO 19:20
Chairman - Cllr J Vine-Hall, Vice-Chairman - Cllr P Glew
Councillors Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Fraser, Lawrence, Reynolds
Clerk/Responsible Officer - Pauline J Raymond
ALSO PRESENT: Mrs Carol Hodgson, 3 Members of the Public
41 Apology for absence. Cllr. Parsons (away).
42 Interests in accordance with the 2012 Code of Conduct
- The existing dispensation granted to the following councillors were noted:
- Cllr Glew dispensation granted 14 May 2013 to allow her to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of allotment land for housing development, despite her husband’s tenancy of an allotment.
- Cllr Eldridge dispensation granted 14 May 2013 to allow him to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of allotment land for housing development, despite his tenancy of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall dispensation granted 14/05/13 to allow him to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of land at Dell View next to Beech Farm for housing development, despite his ownership of land at Beech Farm.
- Cllr Chapman dispensation granted 09/07/13 to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Cllr Fraser dispensation granted 09/07/13 to allow her to participate and vote on matters concerning the Street Farm development despite her pecuniary interest in the Street Farm area as owner of an adjacent property.
- New written requests for dispensation. None
- Declarations of interest from councillors re matters on the agenda. None
43 Public Participation Session. No public participation.
44 Minutes. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Extraordinary Council Meeting held on 10/06/14.
45 Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan. The Chairman reported that the following documents had been prepared.
- Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan (SNP)
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Site Assessments report
- State of the Parish report
.PDF copies had been emailed to Councillors and it was agreed to give them more time to consider the documents. A further meeting will be held on Tuesday 01/07/14 for final approval. The Chairman explained the current situation regarding the Locality health check and the meetings he had arranged with Greg Barker MP, District Cllr. Tony Ganly and leader of Rother DC Cllr. Carl Maynard.
The Council considered its current Neighbourhood Plan financial statement and noted that the project was well under budget.
RESOLVED: That Sedlescombe PC agrees to spend up to £1,000 for a health check examination by an independent town planner, if agreement cannot be reached with Locality for them to provide a free health check. It was agreed that the Chairman should contact Rother DC seeking financial support towards the independent health check.
The revised check will of course put back the timescale.
Once the Parish Council has approved the plan and the health check has been completed, it will be forwarded to Rother DC, who after checking that all the documents have been provided that are required, will advertise the plan and its supporting documents for at least 6 weeks. Rother will then refer the plan to an independent examiner, who is expected to be Nigel McGurk.
The Chairman thanked everyone for the enormous amount of work that has been put into the documents over 18 months.
The Chairman also informed the Council about the recent Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) report which Rother Cabinet will be considering. The proposal is that in the Battle Rural N/W area the developer contribution amount will be £240 a sq/m. A three bedroom house is around 100 sq/m and a parish council doing a Neighbourhood Plan is expected to receive 25% of the amount raised from each build excluding affordable housing.
46 Dates, times and places of Council and Finance meetings for 2015. The Council agreed that meetings would be arranged as follows:
- 2015 Annual Assembly of the Parish Meeting of Sedlescombe 28/04/15
It was agreed that parking and traffic and Neighbourhood Plan issues would be dealt with by the full council.
47 Closure of the meeting. RESOLVED: That meeting should be closed to the public and press owing to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
48 New Clerk/RFO Contract of Employment. The public and Mrs Hodgson left the meeting and Councillors considered the new Clerk/RFO's draft contract of employment. RESOLVED: The new Clerk/RFO Contract of Employment is approved.
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman will meet the new clerk on Wednesday 25/06/14.