MEETING ON TUESDAY 29th JULY 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL at 18:30
Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council) - Chairing the Meeting in part
Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Parsons
Ex-officio member: Cllr Pauline Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council) - Chairing the Meeting in part
Cllr. Lawrence and 7 Members of the Public
Cllr. Reynolds (Chairman of the Plannning Committee) and Cllr. Eldridge were on leave
32 Interest in Accordance with the 2012 Code of Conduct
- Cllr Vine-Hall declared his pecuniary interest in Agenda item 35(5) as the applicant (Para 11 of the Code of Conduct 2012)
- Cllr Parsons declared his pecuniary interest in Agenda item 35(3) as the applicant. (Para 11 of the Code of Conduct 2012)
33 Public particpation session re: Matters on the Agenda - At the Chairman's discretion
6 Members of the public were attending to comment on item 35(1).
34 Approval of Minutes:
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on15/07/2014
35 Planning Application
- RR/2014/1519/P Meadowview Caravan Park, Crazy Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0QT
The siting of an additional 20 static caravans from 14 January to 30 November each year on existing caravan and camping site.
RESOLVED: That the following comments should be forwarded to Rother DC: Parish Council object to this planning proposal for the following reasons:
1) There are existing problems at this site with flooding and sewerage both which will be exacerbated with an additional 20 hard standings.
2) The access is via a narrow dangerous lane (Crazy Lane)onto the A21.
3) The static caravans will be clearly visible from public footpaths and surrounding properties.
4) It is development in the Countryside in an AONB 5) There is inadequate parking on the site.
Should planning permission be granted we would ask that an appropriate sewerage system is installed. Flood defenses are put in place. A tree survey is conducted.
- RR/2014/1516/O Ivy Cottage, Pine View, Balcombe Green, TN33 0QL
Certificate of Existing Lawful Use & Development - Independant & self contained C3 residential use & occupation of Ivy Cottage together with its own separate residential curtilage comprising access, parking & amenity space.
RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval of this application.
- RR/2014/1547/P The Candles, Battle Road, Sedlescombe TN32 5QU
Proposed Garage (Alternative to that approved under RR/2014/815/P)
Cllr. Parsons left the room.
RESOLVED: That the Parish Council has no objections to this planning proposal but suggests the garage is restricted to non-residential use.
- RR/2014/1581/P 9 Gorselands, Sedlescombe TN33 0PT
Proposed loft conversion to provide two additional bedrooms and one bathroom within a flat roof rear dormer window. (Retrospective)
RESOLVED: That the Parish Council has no objections to this planning proposal but would comment that the extension is out of scale and not in keeping with the main building.
- RR/2014/1676/P Hurst Home Cottage, Hurst Lane. Sedlescombe TN33 0PE
Demolition of existing property and erection of replacement dwelling.
Cllr. Vine-Hall left the room.
RESOLVED: That the Parish Council has no objections to this planning proposal but notes the replacement dwelling is slightly larger than the existing.
36 Current Appeals
- APPEAL NO. 2264 - RR/2014/147/P Brede Lane - land at, Sedlescombe.
The erection of 18no. residential dwellings with associated access, car park parking and open space together with the transfer and change of use of land to be used as school playing fields.
Cllr. Vine-hall reported that Sedlescombe PC had been granted Rule 6 Status to appear at the appeal. Mr. Fifield was preparing the Statement of Case in accordance with the timetable The Planning Inspectorate. The outcome of the request for the hearing to take place in Sedlesombe was awaited.
- APPEAL NO. 2274 - RR/2012/2398/P Spilsted Farm, Stream Lane, Sedlescombe
Remodel land to improve visibility on airstrip, including new temporary access for construction traffic.
Information noted. Deadline for respresentation is 26th August 2014.
- RR/2014/1190/P Sharewood Farm, New England Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0RP
Replacement agricultural and equestrian building.
APPROVED CONDITIONAL. Summary: The stables for the keeping of horses shall be used for private equestrian purposes only and not for any commercial riding, livery use, breeding, training or other business use. Other than the private stabling of horses as detailed, the building shall only be used for the purposed of agriculture and or forestry as defined in section 336 of the Town and Country Planning Act. 1990 and for no other purpose.
- RR/2014/983/O Rosewood, Churchlands Lane, Sedlescombe
Continuous occupation for residential purposes in excess of 10 years, in breach of previosuly imposed conditions.
LAWFUL DC APPROVED. Summary: Use of the property as a single dwelling / second home. Any use which is materially different from the described or which relates to other land may render the owner or occupier liable to enforcement action. The certificate is issued solely for he purpose of section 191/192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
- RR/2014/1289/L Sackville House, The Street, Sedlescombe
Extension of existing timber framed conservatory.
LISTED BC GRANTED. Summary: Work shall begin before the expiration of 3 years from the date of consent. Development to be accordance with the approved plans. External brickwork to match bricks and window design used in existing conservatory.