MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 9th DECEMBER 2014
IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL AT 20:30
All Minute Numbers are preceded by F14/15.
Chairman - Cllr Pauline Glew
Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Eldridge,
Ex-officio member: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO: Mrs Carol Hodgson
32 Written requests for Dispensation
No new dispensations had been applied for. Existing dispensations are as follows:
- Cllr Glew dispensation granted 14 May 2013 to allow her to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of allotment land for housing development, despite her husband’s tenancy of an allotment.
- Cllr Eldridge dispensation granted 14 May 2013 to allow him to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of allotment land for housing development, despite his tenancy of an allotment.
No longer applicable as Cllr. Eldridge does not hold an allotment tenancy.
- Cllr Vine-Hall dispensation granted 14/05/13 to allow him to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of land at Dell View next to Beech Farm for housing development, despite his ownership of land at Beech Farm.
- Cllr Chapman dispensation granted 09/07/13 to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Cllr Fraser dispensation granted 09/07/13 to allow her to participate and vote on matters concerning the Street Farm development despite her pecuniary interest in the Street Farm area as owner of an adjacent property.
33 Public participation session re matters on the Agenda at the Chairman's discretion.
There were no public present.
34 Approval of Minutes of Finance Meetings.
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 14-Oct-14
35 Matters arising from the Minutes
There were no matters arising from the previous Minutes.
36 Traffic Calming Projects
- Restricted parking zone opposite the shop
- Extended path from pub to shop
- Brede Lane parking bays in place of grass verge
- Gateways on the village approaches
Cllr. Eldridge reported that on items 1-4 ESCC ahd advised that confirmation of funding should be received towards February 2015.
- Genesis Speed Gun
Sgt. Paul Masterson of Sussex Police advised that the system had changed in relation to ordering the Speed Guns. An online shop was in the process of being set-up by Community SpeedWatch and should be operational just after Christmas.
37 Village Inspections
- To receive an update on the outstanding village inspections
Cllrs. Glew and Chapman together with the Clerk had completed the outstanding Village Inspections for Brede Lane Car Park, East View Kickabout Area, Seat and Litter Bin in Brede Lane, Church Hill Seats and Red Barn Field Nature Park. Cllr. Chapman had also undertaken the annual Pavilion inspection with Ashley Davey. Members reviewed the latest report.
RESOLVED: Cllrs. Vine-Hall and Chapman to wash the signs as identified. New signs would be purchased were neccessary. A list of work requirements for the Pavilion would be sent to the Trustees and Sports Association.
- Fences and Riverbank
To receive quotes for repairing the fencing along the riverbank. (£200 allowance. Any excess to be agreed from general funds)
Quotes had been applied for but not yet received.
38 To adopt and sign the revised Financial Regulations
RESOLVED: The revisied Financial Regulations were adopted and signed by Cllr. Glew Chairman of the Finance Committee.
39 To receive an update on upgrading Parish Council's email
The Clerk confirmed that Parish Council's email had now been upgraded with Freezone. The new email address for the Clerk is firstname.lastname@example.org
40 To receive the latest statement of accounts
Members had been circulated the latest statement of accounts to the end of November 2014
41 Budget Preparations 2015-16 (see reports)
- Administration Expenditure
- Other Expenditure
- Budget Preparations Report
Members reviewed the above financial reports which outlined the actual and forecasted income and expenditure for the current year 2014/15. The proposed budget for 2015/16 was a draft for Members to consider and decide priorities for the forthcoming year.
RESOLVED: To agree the budget for presentation to Full Council meeting on 5th January 2015.
42 Request for Grant Aid
- Rother District Citizens Advice Bureau
RESOLVED: Not to award a grant
- Battle Area Community Transport (£150 awarded 2013/14)
RESOLVED: To award a grant of £150
43 2014-16 Payscales and Allowances
To discuss the recent agreement reached by the National Joint Council on Local Government employees rates of pay for 2014-16 in relation to Mrs. Pauline Raymond and Mrs. Carol Hodgson.
RESOLVED: To increase the payscales and pay the pro-rated non-consolidated payment for The Clerk - Mrs Carol Hodgson in line with the new rates. To write to Mrs Pauline Raymond advising of the agreement reached by the NJC for Local Government Services and the conditions.
44 Date of next meeting
24th March 2015