EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2014 STARTING AT 19:00
TO ALL PARISH COUNCILLORS
Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Cllrs P Anson, R Chapman, R Eldridge, L Fraser, S Lawrence, J Parsons, J Reynolds
2 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
3 WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION
4 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. Names of the public will be recorded and representations etc minuted.
5 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 14/01/14.
6. APPLICATION FOR MODIFICATION ORDER FOR TWO NEW FOOTPATHS FROM BREDE LANE. (Powerpoint Presentation)
- Council to receive details of the legal position of public rights of way and how new paths can be claimed.
- Council to note the status of "footpaths" shown on Ordnance Survey maps.
- Council to receive details of the route of the two new footpaths that are being claimed by Alan Olin, Oakhurst, Brede Lane.
- Council to note the claims that four stiles mark the route of the claimed paths and to consider each of these "stiles" i.e.
- Stile in the hedgeline adjacent to Oakhurst in Brede Lane
- Stile in wire fence in middle of the Street Farm proposed development site
- "Stile in boundary of the Street Farm proposed development site and the East View Kickabout Area
- "Stile" in hedge onto footpath 2b
- Council to consider the evidence provided in 2x31 signed statements that the claimed paths have been and continue to be walked. NB The length of time that people have declared their use varies from 9 months to 62 years.
- Council to consider the legal position of the East View Terrace Kickabout Area which each of the 31 claimants say they have used and continue to use i.e.
- Freehold ownership by Sedlescombe Parish Council and covenants on the land
- Vandalism and maintenance of the hedge and fence on the northern side of the Kickabout Area
- Construction of the wooden fence to ensure horses did not escape from the Street Farm proposed development site
- Rother District Council "NO DOGS" Control Order 2008 at Kickabout Area
- Statutory Declaration under the Highways Act 1980 s31(6) made by the Parish Clerk on 27/05/11 regarding the Kickabout Area.
- Council to be reminded of the Parish Council's objection to the proposed new footpath from the Street Farm proposed development site through the hedge into the Kickabout Area (taking a very similar route to the claimed footpath) as agreed at the Council's Planning Committee meeting on 04/02/14.
- Council to consider its options - NB this affects only a small portion of of the path that belongs to the Council ie through the Kickabout northern boundary and across the Kickabout area:
- To dedicate a route through the Kickabout Area as a highway
- To allow a permissive use
- To oppose the claim based on the evidence in hand
- Council to consider its position on the claimed footpaths:
- Brede Lane to Kickabout Area
- Brede Lane to and through hedge onto Footpath 2b
Chairman, Sedlescombe Parish Council