ANNUAL MEETING ON TUESDAY 13 MAY 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL, 21:05 TO 21:20
PRESENT: Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Parsons, Reynolds
Cllr Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Clerk - Pauline Raymond
All Minute Numbers this financial year begin with P14/15
1 Appointment of Chairman of the Committee for the ensuing year. RESOLVED: That Cllr Reynolds is appointed Chairman of the Planning Committee for the ensuing year.
2. Apology for absence received from Cllr Glew.
3. Interests in accordance with the 2012 Code of Conduct. None.
4. Public participation session re matters on the agenda at the Chairman's discretion. None.
5. Minutes. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 15/04/14.
6. Planning applications
- RR/2014/983/O Rosewood, Churchland Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PF. Continuous occupation for residential purposes in excess of 10 years, in breach of previously imposed conditions. Cllr Vine-Hall reported. No comment.
- RR/2014/1007/P By the Way, Sandrock Hill, Sedlescombe. Conversion of workshop/studio building to provide self-contained Holiday let and ancillary living accommodation (partly retrospective for renovation works). Cllr Reynolds reported. No comment
- RR/2014/1003/P Sheredene, Hurst Lane TN33 0PE. 2-storey extensions and remodelling of existing dwelling revised design to that approved under LPA ref. RR/2014/427/P. Cllr Reynolds reported. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval of this application.
7. Update on previous applications
- RR/2014/794/P The Dene, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe. Double garage and store with ancillary home office above. For applicant's response to Parish Council comments, see here.
- RR/2014/798/P Marley Lane Business Park, Marley Lane, Sedlescombe. A neighbour had posted his concerns about possible noise nuisance and Rother's Environmental Health Officer had also raised a number of concerns partially based on experiences of this company at the current Whatlington location. More information required.
- RR/2014/367/TN Asselton House - land opposite The Green. Installation of new 11 metre BT pole (9m out of ground). The Clerk had received a phone call from BT confirming that their contractor had submitted the application in error. It is expected that a full application will be submitted to put the cable underground. The Clerk had asked that the Parish Council is kept informed particularly as the cable will probably have to go under The Green.
8. Hazelwood, Cripps Corner. A suggestion had been made that, as a greenhouse was sited on the land, it was a brownfield site maybe suitable for inclusion in the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan. Rother Planning Officer, Norman Kwan, had confirmed to Ewhurst Parish Council that it should not be considered brownfield land.
- RR/2014/532/P Elthorne, Long Lane, Balcombe Green, Sedlescombe. Loft Conversion including dormers, single storey extension to form entrance porch. REFUSED - Too large and out of keeping with the dwelling, would adversely affect the character and appearance of the locality and the beauty of the AONB and would overlook 38 Park Shaw.
- RR/2014/625/P Cherryburn, Balcombe Green, Sedlescombe. New roof to existing conservatory; erection of new conservatory and internal alterations. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2014/635/P and 636/L Harriet House, The Green, Sedlescombe. Proposed demolition of outbuilding and erection of Garden Room and associated External Works. APPROVED CONDITIONAL AND LISTED BUILDING CONSENT GRANTED.
- RR/2014/693/L The Cottage, The Street, Sedlescombe. LIST BUILDING CONSENT GRANTED.
- RR/2014/419/L Little Swailes Green Farmhouse, Compasses Lane, Swailes Green. New access staircase to new first floor bedroom and bathroom. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.