MINUTES OF THE MEETING ON 24th MARCH 2015
IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
FOLLOWING THE FULL COUNCIL MEETING AT 19:00
All Minute Numbers are preceded by F14/15.
Chairman - Cllr Pauline Glew
Ex-officio member: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO: Mrs. Carol Hodgson
District Cllr. Tony Ganly and Cllr. Fraser
47 To receive new written requests for Dispensation
Existing dispensations are as follows:
- Cllr Glew dispensation granted 14 May 2013 to allow her to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of allotment land for housing development, despite her husband’s tenancy of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall dispensation granted 14/05/13 to allow him to speak and vote on matters considering the suitability of land at Dell View next to Beech Farm for housing development, despite his ownership of land at Beech Farm.
- Cllr Chapman dispensation granted 09/07/13 to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
48 Public participation session re matters on the Agenda at the Chairman's discretion.
There were no public present.
49 Approval of Minutes of Finance Meetings
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 09-Dec-2014
50 Matters arising from the Minutes
- 2015-16 Budget as approved at the Full Council Meeting on 6th January 2015.
Received and noted.
- To receive quotes for replacement fencing along the riverbank at the Riverside Playground
Two quotes had been received. Cllr. Chapman raised concerns on the recommended height for fencing next to a river.
RESOLVED: Cllr. Chapman to check the requirement for the height of fencing next to a river and to obtain an additional quote.
51 Traffic Calming Projects
- Restricted parking zone opposite the shop
- Extended path from pub to shop
Cllrs. Vine-Hall and Glew + The Clerk had met with Sarah Valentine - Project Manager, Infrastructure Design and Delivery at ESCC in Sedlescombe to discuss taking forward the proposed scheme to create a 'Restricted parking zone opposite the shop' and an 'Extended path from the pub to the shop'.
Cllr. Vine-Hall reported the meeting had gone well and ESCC were happy with moving the project forward. Sarah Valentine would arrange for a proposed design for the scheme to be drawn-up which Parish Council would use to go out to 'Public Consultation'. If all went to plan the proposed scheme would go for approval at ESCC in September and work could start around November 2015. It was hoped the Public Consultation would be despatched with the next Parish Council Bulletin.
- Brede Lane parking bays in place of grass verge
To be put forward at a later date.
- Gateways on the village approaches
To be put forward at a later date.
- Genesis Speed Gun
Delivery of the speed gun had been held up due to issues with the supplier and a third party.
52 Village Inspections
- To receive an update on work requirements following the 2014 village inspections
RESOLVED: Cllr. Chapman would review the work requirements and identify those jobs which could be undertaken by Sedlescombe's volunteers.
54 To approve the following cheques:-
|a||Sedlescombe Village Hall||Brede Lane Appeal - Further Representations||
|b||Mr. R Chapman||Petrol for clearing boundary RBF||
|d||Carol Hodgson||Salary March 2015
Maint of Offices Jan-Mar 2015
Tel / Broadband Jan-Mar 2015
RESOLVED: The payments were approved for payment
55 2014-15 Audit of Accounts
Alison Hillman had confirmed she would perform the internal audit. The external auditor PKF Littlejohn LLP had written advising of the statutory dates for completing the year end procedures.
- Dog bin emptying 2015-16
Rother DC had advsied that the charges for dog bin emptying would increase by 4.8% from £2.50 per bin to £2.62. This would result in an overall annual increase to Parish Council of £18.72
RESOLVED: To continue the dog bin emptying service with Rother DC for 2015
- Ground Maintenance Services 2015-16
Members had been provided with details of Landscape Services (LS) quote for 2014 compared against actual costs plus the quote for the same services for 2015. The overall increase on quoted services was 3.7%. It was noted that the 'Giant Hogweed' had not been treated at the riverbank by the Playing Field (PC had not been charged). Cllr. Chapman was not convinced that the work at Red Barn Field - the herbicide application to the edges of the path through the field and the strimming of the path through the field on 8 occasions had been done though Parish Council had been charged. This would be further looked into.
RESOLVED: To continue the ground maintenance services with Landscape Services but to defer a decision on (8) Herbicide Treatment at Red Barn Field and (9) Giant Hogweed Treatment at the Playing Field until Cllr. Chapman had obtained advice and quotes from other sources for these items.
57 To discuss pension arrangements for The Clerk
An advisory letter had been received from The Pensions Regulator regarding the changes in the law on workplace pensions.
RESOLVED: Cllr. Glew will seek advice from Trevor Leggo at SSALC
58 Date of next meeting
Date of next meeting is 30th June.