Minutes of the Meeting held on
Wednesday 17th February 2016
in Committee Room 2 of Sedlescombe Village Hall
starting after the Full Council Meeting at 19:00
Present: Cllr. Vine-Hall (Chairman). Cllrs. Brister, Chapman, Fraser, Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council) and Page
Clerk/RFO: Mrs Carol Hodgson
Also Present: District Cllr. Tony Ganly
Cllrs. Parsons and Veitch
8 Interests in accordance with 2012 Code of Conduct
- To receive new written requests for dispensation.
- To receive councillors' declarations of interest regarding matters on the agenda.
9 Public participation as approved by the Chairman regarding matters on the Agenda.
There were no members of the public present.
10 To approve the minutes of the NHP meeting on 19th January 2016
The Chairman was authorised to sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 19th January 2016
11 To review discussions following a meeting with RDC. Site update as at today.
The Committee had met with Rother DC Councillors and the Planning Department earlier in February to discuss moving the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan forward. RDC were due to inspect their own site allocations towards the end of this year and recommended that the SNP should be submitted before this time.
12 To consider work to be completed.
- Timetable to be agreed.
The Committee agreed the timetable which aimed to have the NHP ready to submit to RDC in late September 2016.
- Sites to be reviewed and assessed.
Since July 2015 new sites had come forward at Gate Cottage (The Street), Scotch Down (Brede Lane) and Church Hill Farm (The Street). These sites will need to be reviewed and assessed.
- Quotation from and appointment of consultant for site review and policy/plan revisions (including basic condition statement / Strategic Environmental Assessment and Consultation statements)
The Committee agreed to reappoint Neil Homer of rCOH Ltd for updating the Strategic Environmental Assessment + the NHP and Graham Fifield for undertaking any required site assessments. Both parties would be approached for quotes.
- Allocation of work.
The initial stage will involve the review and assessment of the new sites which will be carried out by the Consultants. This will be followed by a review of the Examiners findings.
- Confirmed that a Neighbourhood plan could identify housing sites within the Neighbourhood Area and still be in 'General Conformity' with the District Council's Core Strategy. ie sites away from the development boundary.
- Sunningdale, Land off Gregory Walk) - acceptable (6 houses)
- Land at Pestalozzi International Village - Acceptable with minor modifications and the relocation of the Estate Management facility. (6-8 houses)
- Land at the rear of Blackbrooks - Rejected despite being supported by 90%+ of the Community and making common sense (12 houses)
- Land at Sedlescombe Sawmills - acceptable (8 houses)
- Land at St John the Baptist Church - acceptable (8 houses)
- Local Green Space - Red Barn Field - acceptable. Street Farm was rejected due to it's size. (Parish Council later contested this with RDC due to a number of NHP's having much larger green space sites).
- Due to losing the Blackbrooks site and not being able to 'allocate the sites outside the village', numbers were diminished below the 35 required. The Examiner rewrote the Spatial Policy (1) to allow the plan to pass the examination but this would have allowed development specifically on sites already rejected by the community and the District Council. Parish Council would have had to support a no vote at referendum as the plan would be delivering the opposite of what the Community had specifically articulated.
14 To consider grant applications. (ie through My Community)
The Committee agreed to apply for a further grant from Locality to cover the costs of the Consultants fees, room hire and printing costs. Quotes and costs would be obtained for these areas.
15 To consider how any revisions will be consulted on.
The Committee agreed to hold a small consultation of the revisions in the Village Hall. 'Street Champions' could also be called-on again to help residents with completing consultation forms which had proved very effective previously.
16 To agree a time to meet with David Marlow - Planning Policy Manager Strategy & Planning Service at Rother DC.
From the dates available, the Committee agreed to meet with David Marlow on Monday 22nd February 2016.
17 Next meeting
To be confirmed.