SPC logoFinance Committee Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th December 2016
at Sedlescombe CEP School
starting after the Full Council Meeting at 19:00

Present:
Cllrs. Anson and Chapman
Ex-officio member: Cllr Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO: Mrs Carol Hodgson

In the absence of the Finance Committee Chairman - Cllr. Glew, Cllr. Vine-Hall chaired the meeting.

F16/27 Apologies
Cllr. Pauline Glew.

F16/28 Interests in items on the Agenda
None received.

F16/29 Written requests for dispensation
No new requests were received.

F16/30 Public Participation
To receive requests from the public for permission to speak on matters on the agenda with the Chairman's approval.
There were no members of the public present.

F16/31 Approval of Minutes for the meeting held on 11-Oct-16
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the minutes of the Finance meeting held on 11th October 2016.

F16/32 To receive the latest statement of accounts

F16/33 To receive the latest bank reconciliation for November 2016
Received and noted.

F16/34 Budget preparation for 2017/18

  1. Forecast of income and expenditure to 31-Mar-17
    Received and noted.

  2. To consider expenditure for inclusion in the 2017/18 budget.

    1. Traffic Calming Projects
    Reserves and current surplus budget amounted to £8,502 as a result of the parking project outside the Village Shop being abandoned. The current focus of traffic calming was to address speeding issues throughout the village.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £3,000 for future traffic calming projects.

    2. Red Barn Field
    a. Grounds maintenance.
    b. Any other items for consideration.
    Red Barn Field had been fortunate to receive grants during the year towards improvement and maintenance works. It was noted that some trees would need removing and the noticeboards updating / replacing next year.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £1,000

    3. Neighbourhood Plan
    Reserves and current surplus budget amounted to £9,250. A provision would be made to cover any potential legal costs in the final stages of the NHP. If not required the amount would be vired to another budget.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £2,000

    4. Riverside Play Area
    It was noted that some of the play equipment was beginning to look tired and nearing replacement.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £1,500 for further general maintenance and play equipment upgrading.

    5. Chairman's Allowance
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council that a Chairman's Allowance of £200 should be paid, as approved under Local Government Act 1972 15(5), to the Councillor elected at the Annual Meeting to the post of Chairman for the 2017-18 Council year .

    6. Maintenance of Offices
    RESOLVED: That, as provided by The Local Government (Financial Provisions) Act 1963, s5, (a) Maintenance of Offices payment(s) of £200 for the 2017-18 Council year should be paid to the person employed as the Parish Clerk for use of their home as the registered office of the Parish Council.

    7. Contracts
    a. Dog bin emptying
    Details of costs had not yet been received from Rother DC for 2017/18
    b. Ground Maintenance Services
    PC had entered into a 3-year agreement with G Burley and Sons Ltd on a fixed price quote of £2,650.00 + VAT in 2016.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £3,000

    8. Printing Costs
    a. Annual Directory x 800 copies
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to retain the budget at £660 for printing of the Annual Directory and 3 Bulletins.
    b. Quarterly Bulletins x 700 copies
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to retain the budget at £660 for printing of the Annual Directory and 3 Bulletins.

    9. Other
    a. Any other items of expenditure for consideration.
    Storage space at the Village Hall is limited and the Parish Council archives are currently held at the Clerk's house. Members recommended purchasing a portable storage container to be located in Sedlescombe. A provision would also be made for replacement / additional office equipment.
    RESOLVED: Recommend to Full Council to allocate a budget of £2,000

F16/35 To receive quotes for replacement fencing at the Riverside Playground.
Quotes were currently being obtained.

F16/36 To receive quotes for 3 replacement litter bins at the Riverside Playground.
Cllr. Chapman advised that the existing Litter Bins, though vandalised were adequate for the time being.

F16/37 To make arrangements for the Annual Village Inspection.
RESOLVED: To be completed before the next meeting in January 2017.

F16/38 Reports & Questions

To receive reports and questions from Members in brief, including items for next agenda.
Cllr. Vine-Hall reported that Rother DC was drafting the s106 agreement in relation to the Street Farm application. The area to become public open space would come with a commuted sum for future maintenance. In order to assess what is regarded as a reasonable amount for the commuted sum, Rother DC had asked PC to clarify the Parish's intentions for the land. Cllr. Vine-Hall had prepared a schedule of maintenance costs based on NACC contracting rates for 2016/2017 as a base, for Members to review.

 

Signed

 

Dated