To: All Parish Councillors
You are hereby summoned to attend the Meeting
of the Parish Council on Tuesday 28th February 2017
at 19:00 in Committee Room 2 of Sedlescombe Village Hall
Signed: Carol Hodgson
Mrs. Carol Hodgson Clerk to Sedlescombe Parish Council
075 310 654 69 / firstname.lastname@example.org
~ ~ ~
If present, the following will be invited to speak:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Susan Walton (Chief Executive of Pestalozzi International Village)
Mrs Caroline Harvey (Head of Sedlescombe Primary School)
C16/168 Interests in accordance with 2012 Code of Conduct
- To receive new written requests for dispensation.
- To receive councillors' declarations of interest regarding matters on the agenda.
C16/169 Public participation session re matters on the Agenda at the Chairman's discretion.
C16/170 To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting on 17-Jan-17
C16/171 To receive the minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting on 10-Jan-17
C16/172 Casual Vacancies
- To consider the applicants.
- To consider response to planning applications.
a. RR/2016/3266/P - Chittlebirch, Compasses, Cripps Corner, TN32 5SA
Proposed side extension via glazed link and internal alterations.
b. RR/2016/3267/L - Chittlebirch, Compasses, Cripps Corner, TN32 5SA
Proposed side extension via glazed link and internal alterations.
c. RR/2017/293/P - Constant Spring, Hawkhurst Road, Sedlescombe TN33 0QS
Extensions and alterations to property (alternative to RR/2015/2961/P)
d. RR/2017/189/P - Hazelwood, Cripps Corner Road, Sedlescombe TN32 5QS
Proposed demolition of existing shed and garage and erection of a self contained annexe with garage to be used in conjunction with the main dwelling.
e. RR/2017/222/P - Battle Barn Farm, New Road, Sedlescombe TN33 0RL
Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of contemporary replacement.
f. RR/2017/255/P - Little Footlands, Swailes Green, Sedlescombe TN32 5QU
Proposed extension to northern end of dwelling. Replacement of all UPVC/aluminium double glazed windows on the northern, eastern and southern facades with triple glazed
- To receive advice of decisions on previous applications:-
a. RR/2016/3152/P The Old School House, Balcombe Green, Sedlescombe TN33 0QL
Proposed single storey extensions.
APPROVED CONDITIONAL: As per decision notice 26-Jan-17
b. RR/2017/127/CM - Brede Barn Farm, Brede Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PG
Infilling of slurry pit and regrading of adjacent land with inert waste material.
NO OBJECTION CONDS: As per decision notice 08-Feb-17
C16/174 Neighbourhood Plan
- To consider appointing Neil Homer and Cllr. Vine-Hall as representatives for Parish Council should a Public Examination and Post Examination be required for the Sedlescombe NHP.
- To approve provisional funding of £1,000 for Neil Homer to attend a Public Examination for the Sedlescombe NHP if required.
- To receive an update on the Examiner and timing for the examination.
- To agree submission of Regulation 16 report to the Examiner.
- To receive an update on the Rother NP forum.
C16/175 Rother DaSA Local Plan Consultation
1. To ratify Parish Council's comments submitted to Rother District Council to meet the deadline of 20th February 2017.
C16/176 Salehurst and Robertsbridge NHP
- To consider a response to the Salehurst and Robertsbridge NHP under formal Consultation by Rother District Council (Regulation 16)
C16/177 Speed watch
- To receive an update on recruiting a Speed Watch Coordinator and an assistant for the administration and smooth running of the SpeedWatch scheme.
C16/178 East Sussex Highways - Planting of Bulbs and Wildflowers
- To consider an offer from East Sussex Highways to plant some bulbs and wild flowers in Sedlescombe.
C16/179 Annual Report and Directory 2017
- To receive an update
C16/180 To discuss arrangements for the Annual Parish Assembly 2017.
C16/181 To review the following policies:
C16/182 Public Playing Field and Recreation Ground
- To receive the Playground Reports
C16/183 Recruitment of an Assistant Clerk in accordance with Parish Council's Equality and Recruitment Policy.
- To approve the revised job description for the role of Clerk / RFO.
- To approve the job description, person specification and application form for the Assistant Clerk role.
- To approve the job advertisement and recruitment timetable.
- To appoint a recruitment panel.
- To receive an update on taking over ownership and management of the Defibrillator located inside the Brickwall Hotel.
- To receive the statement of accounts to January 2017
- To receive the bank reconciliation for January 2017
- To consider a request from Kent Surrey Sussex Air Ambulance for a grant of £250.
- To consider purchasing 3 x Grit Bins and salt for siting at Hurst Lane / Brede Lane, corner of Hurst Lane and bottom of Stream Lane.
- To approve the following cheques:-
a Sedlescombe Village Hall January 2017 hire30.00 b G Burley & Sons Ltd Grounds Maintenance Jan 17
Grounds Maintenance Feb 17265.00
c Mr. R. Chapman MUGA: Expenses chainsaw + hedge cutter20.00 d Catsfield Parish Council Stationery Recharge and Good Cllr Guides70.42 e Fastprint & Design Ltd Newsletters and RDC NHP Consult Forms305.00 f SSALC Ltd Spring Conference x 3144.00 g Danson Tree Care Ltd Tree work at Red Barn Field540.00 h Mrs Carol Hodgson Salary - January 2017
Salary - February 20171001.51
C16/186 Brede Lane - land at, Sedlescombe Planning Application RR/2016/1837/P
- To receive the notification of the formal decision made by the Secretary of State relating to Parish Council's request to call-in the above planning application.
- To consider making a request to Rother DC Planning Officers to have the Street Farm application re-submitted to the Planning Committee for reconsideration given the now advanced stage of the Sedlescombe NHP.
- To agree the process of communicating to the Community the outcome of the call-in.
- To consider applying for a Judicial review of Rother DC's planning decision.
C16/187 Reports, Correspondence and Questions
- Red Barn Field
- Sedlescombe Jobs Network
- To receive any other reports and questions from Members in brief, including items for the next agenda.
Confidential Information - Exclusion Of Press And Public.
If the Parish Council decides to exclude the Press and Public for any items on the agenda it will be necessary to pass the following resolution:
To move the following resolution: 'That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted it is advisable in the public interest that the Press and Public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw in accordance with section 100A (2) and (4) of the LGA 1972'.