To: All Parish Councillors
You are hereby summoned to attend the Meeting
of the Parish Council on Tuesday 17th January 2017
at 19:00 in Committee Room 2 of Sedlescombe Village Hall
Signed: Carol Hodgson
Mrs. Carol Hodgson Clerk to Sedlescombe Parish Council
075 310 654 69 / email@example.com
~ ~ ~
If present, the following will be invited to speak:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Susan Walton (Chief Executive of Pestalozzi International Village)
Mrs Caroline Harvey (Head of Sedlescombe Primary School)
C16/150 Interests in accordance with 2012 Code of Conduct
- To receive new written requests for dispensation.
- To receive councillors' declarations of interest regarding matters on the agenda.
C16/151 Public participation session re matters on the Agenda at the Chairman's discretion.
C16/152 To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting on 13-Dec-16
C16/153 To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting on 20-Dec-16 to include as a correct record, the Confidential Minutes of agenda item C16/147.
- To consider response to planning applications.
a. RR/2016/3152/P - The Old School House, Balcombe Green, TN33 0QL
Proposed single storey extensions.
- To receive advice of decisions on previous applications:-
a. RR/2016/2966/P - Hazelwood, Cripps Corner Road, Sedlescombe TN32 5QS
Proposed demolition of single storey rear and side extension and erection of a two storey rear and side extension. Proposed demolition of front porch and erection of new porch.
APPROVED CONDITIONAL: As per decision notice 05-Jan-17
b. RR/2016/2970/P - Rosewood, Churchland Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PF
Proposed double garage.
REFUSED: As per decision notice 09-Jan-17
c. RR/2016/3010/P - Durhamford, Stream Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PB
Single storey lakeside summer house for recreational use.
APPROVED CONDITIONAL: As per decision notice 10-Jan-17
- RR/2016/1837/P - Brede Lane - land at, Sedlescombe TN33 0PY
a. To receive an update on the progress of 'calling-in' the planning application to the Secretary of State.
b. To consider any further action(s).
c. To consider allocating a budget for legal expenses
(Should the planning application not be 'called-in' by the Secretary of State and further action is required by Parish Council).
C16/155 Neighbourhood Plan
- To consider a response to the Rother DC statement to the Independent Examiner of the Sedlescombe NHP, provided as part of the current Regulation 16 ‘pre-examination publicity’ period.
- To consider appointing representatives for Parish Council should a Public Examination be required for the Sedlescombe NHP.
- To consider the Independent Examiners referred by NPIERS for examining the Sedlescombe NHP.
C16/156 Rother DC consultation - Development and Site Allocations (DaSA) Local Plan - Options and Preferred Options consultation.
- To consider response to Rother DC's DaSA Local Plan consultation.
- To consider a request to takeover ownership and management of the Defibrillator located inside the Brickwall Hotel.
C16/158 Speed watch
- To discuss recruiting a Speed Watch Coordinator and an assistant for the administration and smooth running of the SpeedWatch scheme.
C16/159 Traffic Calming
- To discuss a Village 'Warden'.
Initially for morning / afternoon school and shop parking duties.
C16/160 The annual review of advertising on the Village Green
2016 permission was granted to Sedlescombe CEP School, Pestalozzi International Village Spring Fayre and Summer Fayre and the Parish Church - St. John the Baptist.
C16/161 Annual Report and Directory 2017
- To agree costs for business advertising
Rates for 2016: £22 inc VAT for Directory only, £26 inc VAT for Directory and website and £4 inc VAT for the website only.
- To consider and agree items for entry in the Annual Report and Directory 2017
To include a survey on Rother DC devolving the Public Toilets and Car Park in Brede Lane.
C16/162 Public Playing Field and Recreation Ground
- To receive the Playground Reports
C16/163 NextDoor Neighbourhood Connecting Scheme
- To discuss the NextDoor Neighbourhood Connecting Scheme
C16/164 Employment of an Assistant Clerk
- To discuss recruiting an Assistant Clerk to job share with the current Clerk.
- To discuss a revised job description for the role of Clerk / RFO.
- To discuss a job description and person specification for the role of Assistant Clerk.
- To discuss the recruitment process for the Assistant Clerk.
- To agree the proposed Budget and Sedlescombe Parish Precept for 2017/18 financial year
- To receive the statement of accounts to December 2016 + transactions
- To receive the bank reconciliation for December 2016
C16/166 Reports, Correspondence and Questions
- Red Barn Field
- Sedlescombe Jobs Network
- To receive any other reports and questions from Members in brief, including items for the next agenda.
Confidential Information - Exclusion Of Press And Public.
If the Parish Council decides to exclude the Press and Public for any items on the agenda it will be necessary to pass the following resolution:
To move the following resolution: 'That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted it is advisable in the public interest that the Press and Public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw in accordance with section 100A (2) and (4) of the LGA 1972'.