Applications to use the Sedlescombe Village Green for an event should be submitted to The Clerk at April Cottage, Church Road, Catsfield, Battle TN33 9DP or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month prior to the event with as much information as possible. A copy of the hirer's current public liability insurance cover should be enclosed with the application. Hirers are advised that they should carry out a risk assessment and should ensure policies are in place that will reduce the identified risks as far as possible. No reliance can be placed on the Parish Council's public liability insurance cover unless negligence of the Council can be proved.
The following uses can usually be approved by the Clerk strictly in accordance with the Byelaws.
1. Fayres held by local organisations. Normal stands consisting of tables and/or tents are permitted. Bouncy castles and similar inflatables are not permitted UNLESS confirmation of the bouncy castle supplier's public liability insurance cover of at least £5 million is forwarded to the Parish Council and approved at least seven days prior to the event.
2. Use by local bands for open-air concerts.
3. Use by dancing groups (eg Morris Dancers, Pestalozzi children) but not disco groups.
4. Use by village churches for open-air services.
5. Use by film or television companies in consultation with the Chairman and/or Vice Chairman of the Council.
6. Any music should be restricted to two hours/event in order to safeguard the amenities of neighbouring properties.
REMINDER - ALL HIRERS SHOULD NOTE THAT THEY MUST PROVIDE CONFIRMATION TO THE PARISH COUNCIL THAT THEY HAVE THEIR OWN PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER